Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Update on my Turbo problems. Give me your thoughts

  1. #1
    MINO
    Guest MINO's Avatar

    Post

    Took my car to Dr. Charles and Co. in for a compresion check, and this is what came up: 180, 180, 180, 100. What the ____? First thing I think is I have a blown ring/piston. But how? I've been using the safeguard and haven't boosted over 7.5psi.

    Leak down test= perfect at TDC. Crap. There must be a scratch at the bottom of the cylinder wall. How the hell did that happen?

    This is causing enough blow by and oil to spit out of the crankcase to cause problems with my IACV. Thus causing my car to shut-down when decelerating.

    I am looking at a $3200 job for a built bottom end (Rods, pistons, rings, sleeve) and installation through KG engineering. Should I do it soon or wait? Mahalo.

    ------------------
    HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
    ...STUCK IN L.A.

  2. #2
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Post

    Oh boy.... MINO... It's hard to say what the exact cause of the low compression is, but until you find out for sure I would not drive the car. frown

    ------------------
    Mark - Darth Boost - Turbo Mafia
    98 Pearl Black GS-R, DRAG Gen. 3 Turbo
    13.2 at 114MPH (GTech/Pro w/Drag Radials)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Turbo'd GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2000
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mino, I would definately go with the built motor, from KG engineering, Kurt, Tim,and Mike all do great work but, it might take a while, my friends GSR is there right now, getting all juiced up. GO WITH THE BUILT M OTOR!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    MINO
    Guest MINO's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks guys.
    It's really weird cause the car feels just fine. I don't want to build the block and find that it was just a bad valve seal. Some say its a cracked piston...can't see whay cause the leakdown says everything is fine. I'm giving Dr. Charles a call to see what we can work out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •